Export Customs Clearance means a shipment of goods from the area of the European community to third countries. This enables goods to leave the European community. The export involves the use of exit formalities, including trade policy measures and export duties if necessary.
Customs clearance is carried out for every exporter in the EU and is not limited to local jurisdictions.
If the packages hold a preferential origin, they may be cleared under a reduced rate or zero rate.
Advantages of the customs clearance procedure
- the procedure is carried out at the point of exit from the EU;
- can carry out a customs procedure on the basis of simplifications (HI);
Responsibilities of the parties involved:
- valid EORI and tax ID;
- authorisation for customs representation to the freight forwarder;
- authorisation for the issue of EUR.1, if necessary.
- correctly completed CMR which showing where the package is heading and the final beneficiary.
- document check;
- verification of tax ID and EORI number validity;
- preparation of the export documentation.
EORI number validity verification
VAT ID validity verification